July 2, 2020
Dear Residents and Family Members:
We want to reiterate our thanks for all of your support and continued patience as we work through this crisis.
We wanted to provide you an update on what is going on in our community related to the COVID-19 virus.
We still have no residents that are showing signs or symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19.
We have recently learned that one of our employees has tested positive for the virus after being exposed, we believe, outside of our community. This individual has not been in the building since 6/29/202 and the employee was asymptomatic when last at work. When the staff member was in the building, all appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) was used and good social distance was practiced when not providing care.
However, be assured we are following all CDC and local health department guidelines in both determining the employee’s possible return to work date and any additional precautions that will be taken upon the employee’s return to work. We also will continue:
- Visitation is restricted to essential external healthcare providers and end-of-life compassionate visits by loved ones. Virtual visitations can continue to be arranged and window visitations may be permitted if it complies with county health department guidelines.
- All staff and essential visitors that enter the building will be assessed for signs and symptoms of COVID, asked about recent exposure to any individual who has tested positive for the virus and temperatures will be taken. If there are concerns resulting from the assessment, the individual will not be permitted into the building until a further risk reviewing can be completed.
- All staff wear masks and practice social distancing when in the facility and encourage both while off duty outside of the facility.
- Strongly encourage all residents to wear masks when outside of their room or interacting with others and stop (or greatly limit) travel outside of the Community. Staff can work to assist residents in running any essential errands.
- All meals are delivered to resident rooms and communal dining has been suspended.
- All internal group activities and all external resident activities have been suspended.
- More frequent cleaning of all high touch surfaces in common areas throughout the building.
- Any resident who leaves the Community campus for an overnight stay or external healthcare provider visit will be asked to quarantine themselves in their rooms for a 14-day period to prevent exposure of other residents.
- Monitor all residents for any signs and symptoms of the virus, including taking daily temperatures of all assisted living residents.
We continue to monitor local health department, CDC and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) communications regarding any changes we can safety make regarding the current restrictions.
As is usual, we will notify residents’ primary physicians and designated family members of any changes in their loved one’s condition, whether potentially related to COVID-19 or not.
We will continue to keep you updated as any changes at the facility occur. Please reach out with questions, concerns, or requests for assistance.